The Barcelona taxis are black and yellow, plentiful and easy to get. They are the way to go when the transport network is closed or when you wish to save precious time to get to your destination. Taxis are also very demanded for trips to El Prat Airport.
Barcelona Taxi Rates 2019
- On working days (8:00 to 20:00). The minimum fare is 2,15€. The price by Kilometer is 1,13€. Keeping the taxi waiting for one hour it will cost 22,10€.
- On working days (20:00 to 8:00, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays). The minimum fare stays the same but the price by kilometer increases to 1,30€ and one hour wait 21,70€.
- If you take the taxi from the Airport or Train station the minimun fare rises to 3,10€ (from Terminal 1 and 3,40€ from Terminal 2). The minimum fare for the whole ride is 20€.
- An approximate Taxi fee from the Airport to the City Center is around 35-45€
- Depending on the case the Taxi will apply an extra charge on the fare. If you’re carrying suitcases, an extra charge of 1€ is applied for each piece of luggage.
- On special holidays such as Christmas or New Year’s Eve, an extra charge of 3,10€ is applied (on top of the minimun fare).
- All taxis are able (and obliged if asked) to handle receipts to the costumer, this is important if you need to contact the driver in the future in case you leave an item in the car.
- Any additional fee (toll for example) will be payed by the customer.
Taking a Taxi in Barcelona & safety
In the past, there were times when it was difficult finding a taxi on special occasions like football matches at Camp Nou or big music events.
Discover the Barcelona Pass
The Barcelona Pass is the ultimate key to Barcelona’s biggest attractions. This tourist card, available for 2 or 3 days, includes free entrance to more than 20 top attractions and an optional travelcard for unlimited transportation around the city.
Nowadays, the mobile apps for taxis have changed the rules of the game radically and it’s quite fast to find a taxi at anytime or anywhere. Plus, since the Metro is working non stop all Saturday nights, this no longer represents a problem.
- On many popular or touristic places there are taxis waiting in line, such as Plaza Cataluña, Sagrada Familia or the airport.
- Use Google Maps as a good way of knowing if the taxi is trying to drive you around. It’s been reported that some drivers do this in order to increase the taxi fare.
- Other scams include the taxi driver demanding the passengers to pay each one the amount of the final rate. Don’t comply to this! You can always make a formal complaint and ask for the license number and registration plate. Feel free to call the police if necessary.
- Tips are welcomed, however the practice is not common in Barcelona, so it’s OK if you don’t tip the driver.
Taxi transfer options in Barcelona
The best tours in Barcelona
Join this full day guided tour that includes a brunch and wine tasting at the Torres Cellars in the Penedés region, plus the breathtaking landscape of Montserrat and the stunning city of Sitges.
Admire the most famous monument in Barcelona, the Sagrada Familia through this 1,5 hour guided tour that includes fast track entrance and visit to the towers for extraordinary views of Barcelona.
Enjoy Girona and Figueres, Salvador Dalí’s hometown in this guided full day tour. Walk through the picturesque streets of medieval Girona and visit the Dalí-Theater Museum in Figueres, the biggest collection of the surrealist artist.
Get the best of Gaudí in Barcelona in one single tour. Experience the creative genius of Gaudí with this 4,5 hour guided tour that includes entrance to Sagrada Familia and Park Güell, plus an exterior visit to La Pedrera and Casa Batlló.
Visit one of Barcelona’s most amazing landmarks in this 1,5 hour guided tour of Park Güell. Learn all about this magnificent modernist work by Gaudi, one of the places that make Barcelona a unique city.
Immerse yourself in the magic of Montserrat, one of the most special locations near Barcelona. This morning guided tour invites you to explore this mountain retreat, as well as its monastery, funiculars and mountain paths leading to spectacular views.
Enjoy Barcelona to the fullest with this guided morning tour, featuring the best of Barcelona. Explore the Gothic Quarter, the Gothic Cathedral, Montjuïc, Poble Espanyol and much more.
Experience the magic of the fabulous Girona’s historical center through the scenarios of Game of Thrones. Explore the medieval city, one of the settings of the famous hit TV show, in this 6 hour guided tour from Barcelona.
This 1,5 hour guided tour will give you instant access to Barcelona’s biggest landmark: Sagrada Familia. Enjoy the most impressive architecture and ornaments with a Fast Track entrance, no queues.
Comentarios y recomendaciones