Here you’ll find all the tips and advices for all the practical info you need to know about Barcelona.
Planning your trip in advance
If you’re coming to Barcelona, planning your trip in advance can translate into big savings.
- Check out this practical guide of attractions per neighborhood so you can choose the where to stay in Barcelona.
- Booking your hotel or apartment online can give you access to better discounts and the possibility to choose the location that better fits your tastes.
Arriving to Barcelona
Get acquainted with the different transport options available for getting to the city. Check out how you can save money with the Aerobus or how you to go from the airport to the Barcelona center.
Buying a touristic card
As practical it can be, Barcelona offers different touristic cards for the visitors.
- The Barcelona Card is one of them. It gives you unlimited access to the public transport network, including Metro, Bus, Tram and more. It can be used for periods of 2 up to 5 days. Includes free entrance and discounts to popular attractions and museums.
- The ArtTicket gives you access (and fast entrance) to six different museums for a 30€ price.
- The Barcelona Pass gives you free entrance to the main sites of interest in Barcelona, such as Casa Batlló and La Pedrera, as well as unlimited use of the transportation system.
- Finally, the Hola BCN Card, offers unlimited use of the public transportation system for an affordable price.
Visit the Camp Nou Barça Stadium
If you’re a football fan, you probably already know that the Barcelona Football Club is recognized as the best in the world, and a visit to Barcelona without taking part in a match is a crime. Buy tickets for the Camp Nou Barça FC Stadium & Museum, the largest stadium in Europe, and join one of the biggest traditions in town.
Take advantage of the sales season
If Shopping is one of your favorite treats in your Barcelona visit, you can indulge yourself to a shopping spree. Most department and retail stores, big and small chains and even neighborhood boutiques offer strong discounts during the winter and summer sales season.
Winter sales season starts in January, usually after Epiphany Holiday (January 6) and summer sales season starts on July 1.
If you’re a non EU resident you should know that 90% of the stores in Barcelona offer a tax refund in purchases exceeding 90,15€. This is only applicable if you’re taking all these belongings to your country (restaurant and hotel bills do not apply). The best way to find out if the store you’re buying has Tax Free Shopping is asking.
If so, the shop assistant will provide a tax refund certificate that you can later show at the airport customs (do so before checking in your luggage as the officer may request to see the items you bought).
Once approved, you can go to the airport bank and cash your tax money. It might be a hassle, but remember it can save you 21% in tax money. Usually this procedure is pretty slow, so it’s better if you show up a good two hours before checking your luggage.
Other discount Cards & Transport Tickets
We invite you browse our guide for all the information you need on your trip to Barcelona. Also, feel free to ask anything by leaving us a comment. Welcome to Barcelona!
Comentarios y recomendaciones