- Catamaran Tour at Sunset
- Things to do in summer in Barcelona
- 1. The waterfront by the Port Olimpic
- 2. Day trip to Montserrat
- Montserrat tour with transport
- 3. Visit Park Güell & other Barcelona parks
- 4. See the best views from a fancy rooftop terrace
- 5. Take a ride at Montjuic fun cable car
- Ride the Montjuic Cable Car
- 6. Visit Casa Batlló and enjoy its Magic Nights
- 7. Magic Fountain of Montjuic
- 8. Find refuge from the heat in the best museums
- Barcelona Museum Pass - Articket
- 9. Discover Dalí's legacy and the gorgeous Girona
- Day trip to Girona and Figueres with Dalí Museum
- 10. Unmask the unique sites of Sitges and the wine country
- Montserrat & Sitges full day tour
Barcelona is great to visit all year round, but there's no doubt that during the summer, this city simply shines. These are the top 10 attractions to do in summer in Barcelona.
Things to do in summer in Barcelona
1. The waterfront by the Port Olimpic
Did you know there are over 5 Km (3.10 miles) of car-free paths to wander freely by the Port Olimpic?
There are 10 beaches in Barcelona, some of them considered among the best city beaches in the world.
This is the best place to go for a drink in a chiringuito, roller skating, biking or just chill out after a perfect day in the sand.
2. Day trip to Montserrat
You will never see anything like Montserrat anywhere else in the world.
Imagine a fairytale mountain with a beautiful Monastery embedded in the rock and breathtaking views. This is a must in any visit to Barcelona.
3. Visit Park Güell & other Barcelona parks
Barcelona is not exactly a green city but its parks are one of a kind. Park Guell is one of those sights by Gaudí you don't want to miss.
Spend the evening relaxing at Ciutadella Park, Barcelona's second most notable public park, with live drums in the background or by the lake.
Get lost at Horta’s Labyrinth Park, find a shaded spot at the Botanic Garden in Montjuic or take a break from shopping at the secluded Pedralbes Palace Gardens near Diagonal’s shopping district. (SEE MAP BELOW)
4. See the best views from a fancy rooftop terrace
If you’re looking to enjoy a cocktail in a nice atmosphere, where there’s good music and increible views, just head to any of the cool hotel rooftops that unwrap beginning early May.
5. Take a ride at Montjuic fun cable car
It’s short but superb: the Montjuic cable car that takes you to Montjuic Castle is the fastest, most styling and exciting way of discovering this Barcelona landmark.
If the day it’s sunny (most likely), you’ll get the best pics for Instagram.
6. Visit Casa Batlló and enjoy its Magic Nights
Gaudi and Barcelona go hand in hand, but nothing like Casa Batlló to take you on a journey to an architecture you’ve never imagined.
Take a legendary snapshot in the rooftop during sunset in the coolest house ever built by Gaudi, whilst you enjoy an open air concert during Casa Batlló Magic Nights.
7. Magic Fountain of Montjuic
It’s refreshing, it’s fun and best of all: it’s free! The Magic Fountain of Montjuic is one of the most beautiful shows in Barcelona mixing lights, water and music that appeals to all ages.
8. Find refuge from the heat in the best museums
So many museums in Barcelona to choose from and so little time!
The ArtTicket may be just what you were looking for, a tourist pass with free entrance for 6 Barcelona museums.
9. Discover Dalí's legacy and the gorgeous Girona
The Dalí Theater Museum is a great landmark dedicated to surrealist artist Salvador Dalí.
Immerse yourself in the unique universe of Dalí visiting this one-of-a-kind exhibition and discover the stunning medieval city of Girona, featuring the locations for the iconic TV show Game of Thrones.
10. Unmask the unique sites of Sitges and the wine country
Sitges is one of the most stunning cities scattered along the south Barcelona coastline, with beautiful architecture and fantastic beaches.
Join a full day tour that includes a guided visit to the gay friendly city, a wine tasting to the Jean Leon Cellars in the Penedés region, plus the breathtaking landscape of Montserrat.