Find all the essential Barcelona tourism information you need to know for your trip.
In the pages below you’ll find information about airport transfers, saving on accommodation, tourist cards and insider tips to help you plan in advance, a move that will translate into big money savings.
Planning your trip in advance
- Check out this practical guide of attractions per neighborhood so you can choose the where to stay in Barcelona.
- Booking your hotel or apartment online can give you access to better discounts and the possibility to choose the location that better fits your tastes.
Arriving to Barcelona
HASSLE FREE: Airport transfers in Barcelona (From 45,00 €)
Accommodation in Barcelona
Barcelona has all kinds of accommodation options and prices for all tastes.
Getting a touristic card
Barcelona offers different touristic cards for the visitors.
- The Barcelona Card is one of them. It gives you unlimited access to the public transport network, including Metro, Bus, Tram and more. It can be used for periods of 2 up to 5 days. Includes free entrance and discounts to popular attractions and museums.
- The ArtTicket gives you access (and fast entrance) to six different museums for a 30€ price.
- The Barcelona Pass gives you free entrance to the top sites of interest in Barcelona, such as Casa Batlló, and La Pedrera, to name a few.
- Finally, the Hola BCN Card, offers unlimited use of the public transportation system for an affordable price.
Barcelona tourism attractions
The list of sightseeing attractions, museums and monuments in Barcelona is endless. Be sure to check our attractions page and plan in advance everything you wish to visit
Free entry to Barcelona’s top attractions and museums with the Barcelona Pass
Take advantage of the sales season
If Shopping is one of your favorite treats in your Barcelona visit, you can indulge yourself to a shopping spree. Most department and retail stores, big and small chains and even neighborhood boutiques offer strong discounts during the winter and summer sales season.
Winter sales season starts in January, usually after Epiphany Holiday (January 6) and summer sales season starts on July 1.
How to save money with Tax free
If you’re a non EU resident you should know that 90% of the stores in Barcelona offer a tax refund in purchases exceeding 90,15€.
This is only applicable if you’re taking all these belongings to your country (restaurant and hotel bills do not apply). The best way to find out if the store you’re buying has Tax Free Shopping is asking.
If so, the shop assistant will provide a tax refund certificate that you can later show at the airport customs (do so before checking in your luggage as the officer may request to see the items you bought).
Once approved, you can go to the airport bank and cash your tax money. It might be a hassle, but remember it can save you 21% in tax money. Usually this procedure is pretty slow, so it’s better if you show up a good two hours before checking your luggage.
We invite you browse our guide for all the information you need on your trip to Barcelona.
Welcome to Barcelona!
Illustrations by: Freepik Storyset