One of the official Barcelona discount cards that will save you time and money on your trip
The Barcelona Card is one of the official city passes of Barcelona. It offers unlimited use of public transport, free entry to some of the top museums and venues and exclusive entry discounts in other amazing attractions.
Discover the benefits of the Barcelona Card and find out if it’s worth getting it.
Is it worth getting the Barcelona Card?
Absolutely. If you want to visit as much attractions and save money at the same time, this is the right choice for you. These are some of the reasons you should get it:
- Free admission and skip the line entry to museums like Picasso Museum, the Museum of Contemporary Art MACBA and Fundación Joan Miró.
- Unlimited free travel on public transport: metro, buses (except night buses), tram, FGC Railways (Catalan railways) and short distance RENFE trains.
- Exclusive discounts on top attractions like Casa Batlló (-3€), La Pedrera (-3€) and Palau de la Música Catalana (25% off), to name a few.
Advantages of the Barcelona Card
The first advantage is unlimited use to the excellent public transport network for the time period of your card, including metro, buses, tram, FGC Railway Network and most importantly, the Airport train.
The Barcelona Card gives you instant free access to 25 attractions, museums and places of interest, as well as great discounts up to 50% on other museums, shows, restaurants, nightclubs, special stores and other specific transports.
In addition, it includes a guide in six languages (english, german, french, italian, spanish and catalan) with information on these discounts, a Barcelona and metro map. For the full list of free and discounted attractions click here.
How does it work?
Getting the Barcelona Card online and ahead of time saves you money as you get a better price. You can choose the card for 3, 4 or 5 consecutive days (not 24 hour periods) and kids under 12 years old pay less.
Each included attraction can only be visited once per cardholder. Pay attention to working days and opening hours as some attractions can be closed on specific days. The card is a personal item and not transferable to others.
Where can I pick it up?
Exchange your Barcelona Card in the following locations:
- Airport, Terminal T1: Barcelona Airport. From Monday to Friday, from 8am to 8:30pm. Saturday and Sunday: from 8:30am to 8:30pm.
- Airport, Terminal T2: Barcelona Airport. From Monday to Friday, from 8am to 8:30pm. Saturday, from 8:30 to 8pm.Sunday: from 9am to 3pm.
- Pl. Catalunya: plaça de Catalunya, 17-basement. Daily from 8:30am to 8:30pm.
- Pl. Catalunya (information booth in front of El Corte Inglés department store. From Monday to Saturday, from 9am to 8pm. Sunday, from 9am to 3pm.
- Sants station: pl. Països Catalans s/n. Daily from 9am to 3pm. Closed: 1/1 and 25/12.
- Plaça Espanya: plaça Espanya, s/n – Avinguda Maria Cristina. Daily, from 9am to 3pm.
- Sagrada Familia tourist information booth: Monday, Tuesday and Sunday, from 9am to 2:30pm; Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, from 9 to 8pm.
Top free attractions included in the Barcelona Card
- Picasso Museum
- MNAC (National Art Museum of Catalonia)
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MACBA)
- Joan Miró Foundation
- Cosmo Caixa
- Egyptian Museum of Barcelona
- Museum of Natural Sciences of Barcelona
- Design Museum of Barcelona
- El Born Cultural and Memorial Center
- Museum of the History of Barcelona
- The Royal Monastery of St Mary of Pedralbes
- Montjuic Castle
Some attractions with discounts:
- La Pedrera (-3€)
- Casa Batlló (-3€)
- Palau de la Música Catalana (25% Off)
- Barcelona Zoo (20% Off)
- Gaudi’s Crypt and Colonia Güell (20% Off)
- Palau Güell (25% Off)
- Poble Espanyol (25% Off)
- Sant Pau Recinte Modernista (20% Off)
- Gothic Quarter Walking Tour (50% Off)
- Tibidabo Amusement Park (20% Off)
- PortAventura World (20% Off)
Check other tourist passes in Barcelona
Barcelona Go City Pass
The Barcelona Go City Pass is the tourist card of Barcelona that will allow you to discover Barcelona at your own pace or visiting as much attractions as you want.