Barcelona’s Cathedral (Cathedral of the Holy Cross and Saint Eulalia), also known as Barcelona La Seu, is located in the heart of Barcelona.
The Cathedral and its square mark the beginning of the Gothic Quarter, one of the most fascinating places of the Barcelona downtown. The square is always full of bystanders, street vendors, street musicians and tourists.
Highlights of Barcelona guided tour
Barcelona Cathedral History
- Gracing its facade into la Seu square, the Barcelona Cathedral was built between the 13th and 15th centuries, although the main facade and all the visible gothic elements, were added during the late 19th and early 20th century.
- The Cathedral is dedicated to Santa Eulalia, Barcelona’s patron saint.
- An important visit within the cathedral are the cloister gardens, where you will find 13 geese (one for each of the years Saint Eulalia lived).
- Take the lift and climb to the cathedral’s roof for a great view of the surroundings.
- A good time to visit the Barcelona Cathedral it’s September 24th, specifically for the Mercé festival, the most traditional holiday in Barcelona since 1871.
Discover the Barcelona Pass
The Barcelona Pass is the ultimate key to Barcelona’s biggest attractions. This tourist card, available for 2 or 3 days, includes free entrance to more than 20 top attractions and an optional travelcard for unlimited transportation around the city.
Gothic Cathedral – Opening hours
Monday to Saturday:
8:00-12:45 hours (Free entrance)
13:00-17:30 hours (Paid entrance. 7€ pp. Groups: 5€ pp)
17:45-19:30 hours (Free entrance)
Sunday & Holidays:
8:00-13:34 hours (Free entrance)
14:00-17:00 hours (Paid entrance. 7€ pp. Groups: 5€ pp)
17:15-20:00 hours (Free entrance)
Weekdays: 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00 and 19:00 hours.
Saturdays: 18:00 and 19:00 hours.
Sundays & Holidays: 9:00, 10:30, 12:00, 13:00, 18:00 and 19:00 hours.
All masses are in Catalan or Spanish
- Tickets can be bought directly at the cathedral. Regular tickets at selected times cost 7€ pp, and 5€ pp if you come in groups.
- But, if you visit Barcelona Cathedral during the free entrance period, a visit to the roof as well as the chorus cost an additional 3€ per site.
Highlights of Barcelona guided tour
Metro: Line 1, Catalunya Station. Line 4, Jaume I Station
Address: Plà Seu 3, 08002
The best tours in Barcelona
Join this full day guided tour that includes a brunch and wine tasting at the Torres Cellars in the Penedés region, plus the breathtaking landscape of Montserrat and the stunning city of Sitges.
Admire the most famous monument in Barcelona, the Sagrada Familia through this 1,5 hour guided tour that includes fast track entrance and visit to the towers for extraordinary views of Barcelona.
Enjoy Girona and Figueres, Salvador Dalí’s hometown in this guided full day tour. Walk through the picturesque streets of medieval Girona and visit the Dalí-Theater Museum in Figueres, the biggest collection of the surrealist artist.
Get the best of Gaudí in Barcelona in one single tour. Experience the creative genius of Gaudí with this 4,5 hour guided tour that includes entrance to Sagrada Familia and Park Güell, plus an exterior visit to La Pedrera and Casa Batlló.
Visit one of Barcelona’s most amazing landmarks in this 1,5 hour guided tour of Park Güell. Learn all about this magnificent modernist work by Gaudi, one of the places that make Barcelona a unique city.
Immerse yourself in the magic of Montserrat, one of the most special locations near Barcelona. This morning guided tour invites you to explore this mountain retreat, as well as its monastery, funiculars and mountain paths leading to spectacular views.
Enjoy Barcelona to the fullest with this guided morning tour, featuring the best of Barcelona. Explore the Gothic Quarter, the Gothic Cathedral, Montjuïc, Poble Espanyol and much more.
Experience the magic of the fabulous Girona’s historical center through the scenarios of Game of Thrones. Explore the medieval city, one of the settings of the famous hit TV show, in this 6 hour guided tour from Barcelona.
This 1,5 hour guided tour will give you instant access to Barcelona’s biggest landmark: Sagrada Familia. Enjoy the most impressive architecture and ornaments with a Fast Track entrance, no queues.
Comentarios y recomendaciones