The Gothic Quarter is one of the most famous landmarks in Barcelona. Located in the heart of the old city, this Barcelona neighborhood features a fusion of buildings dating from Roman times to the 20th century. Welcome to one the most interesting places to visit in Barcelona.
See Hotels in the Gothic Quarter
The main attribute of the Gothic Quarter is the antique aspect of its buildings, narrow streets and the near absence of traffic. In fact, many areas are for pedestrians only and built like a labyrinth of winding streets and hidden squares.
Places to see in the Gothic Quarter
Gothic Cathedral. © valeryegorov/stock.adobe.com
- Gothic Cathedral. Barcelona’s Gothic Cathedral is the gateway to the heart of Barcelona, located between Vía Laietana and La Rambla.
- Bisbe Irurita Street. This gorgeous pathway leads from the Cathedral to Sant Jaume Square, featuring one of the most photographed bridges in Barcelona.
- Church of Santa Maria del Pi. With a 54 meter high tower (which can be seen from La Rambla) is one of the most incredible structures of the neighborhood.
- Sant Jaume Square. Features the City Hall and government buildings.
Discover: Barcelona 2-Hour Gothic Walking Tour
Plaça del Rei. © TTstudio/stock.adobe.com
- Plaça del Rei (King’s Square). One of the most beautiful corners of old Barcelona. This 14th century square houses the Museum of History of Barcelona.
- Plaça Reial (Royal Square). This square is famous its charming and lively atmosphere.
Some of the buildings were built in gothic style from scratch during the early decades of the 20th century up until the mid 1960’s.
How to get to the Gothic Quarter
The Gothic Quarter is located in the area between La Rambla and Via Laietana, and from the seafront.
Metro: Line 3, Liceu station or Line 4, Jaume I Station.
Book Hotels in the Gothic Quarter
The best tours in Barcelona
Park Güell Fast Track Entrance and Guided Tour
Visit one of Barcelona’s most amazing landmarks in this 1,5 hour guided tour of Park Güell. Learn all about this magnificent modernist work by Gaudi, one of the places that make Barcelona a unique city.
Camp Nou & FC Barcelona Museum 3-Hour guided tour
Discover the Camp Nou Stadium and the Barcelona Football Club Museum, one of the most emblematic visits in the city. This 3-hour guided visit will take you through Camp Nou Stadium and the amazing history of the Barça football club.
Montserrat morning tour from Barcelona
Immerse yourself in the magic of Montserrat, one of the most special locations near Barcelona. This morning guided tour invites you to explore this mountain retreat, as well as its monastery, funiculars and mountain paths leading to spectacular views.
Game of Thrones Girona guided tour
Experience the magic of the fabulous Girona’s historical center through the scenarios of Game of Thrones. Explore the medieval city, one of the settings of the famous hit TV show, in this 6 hour guided tour from Barcelona.
Day trip to Girona and Figueres with Dalí Museum
Enjoy Girona and Figueres, Salvador Dalí’s hometown in this guided full day tour. Walk through the picturesque streets of medieval Girona and visit the Dalí-Theater Museum in Figueres, the biggest collection of the surrealist artist.
Comentarios y recomendaciones